Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default When is an M45x3 not a 1.75x8 thread?

On 3/3/2010 17:25, Louis Ohland wrote:
On 3/3/2010 17:13, Jon Elson wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:
I've got a suspicion that the Grizzly G9972Z spindle thread may not be
1.75x8

Response from Grizzly
After reviewing your callback, our records indicate that the correct
spindle thread for the G9972Z lathe is 1 3/4 x 8. Our back plates are
made with a shallow cut thread and may require machining to fit threads.

If we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to
contact us. You are a valued customer, and we look forward to serving
your future woodworking and metalworking needs.