Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Whitworth[_3_] John Whitworth[_3_] is offline

Default corrugated asbestos garage roof, how to spread my weight?

"RobertL" wrote in message

I need to get up on the roof of my garage to remove the moss. I
don't have a feel for how much imposed weight I can put on a typical
asbestos garage roof before I crack the panels. The panels are
supported on wood beams about every 5 feet.

If I put up a couple of planks to spread my weight across two beams
would that be enough do you think?

I weigh 100kg clothed.

Robert

Leave the moss. Once you start taking it off, you release fibres which would
otherwise have stayed put. But if you really really must do this, make sure
everything is soaking wet before you start, and regularly spray as you work.