Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default dust masks for spectacle wearers?

On 4 Mar, 12:06, Andrew May wrote:

For goggles (i.e. sealed against dust), these orange-rimmed Uvex from
Axminster work well with glasses
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...=goggles&user_...

Are there any goggles more suited to heavy work?

What's "heavy work" ? Raising a sweat, or flinging hot fragments in
your mush?

The "Transformers" mask is pretty good as a set of spectacle-
compatible goggles with attached cheek shields.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-U...ield-21088.htm
A few stripes of silver gaffer and insulation tape on it and your kids
get to play Optimus Prime

Otherwise it's time for a headshield, hung off a brow band. I wear one
of those far more than I wear goggles. My half-masks (screw-on side
filters) will also fit underneath, if there's a dust or fume problem.
For a real fume problem (usually ammonia fuming) I wear a mil-surplus
full-face mask. An Avon S10 is good, easy to find and fairly cheap
(but go to a big surplus dealer and root through to find undamaged
ones). Although military masks have small eyepieces, they're designed
to allow accurate rifle shooting, so they're usually pretty good
optically.