Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Install shower door on acrylic stall

John61 wrote the following:
I bought a 3-panel sliding door for my 1-piece shower stall (42" wide), to
replace shower curtain/tension rod. The stall must be made of
acrylic/fiberglass.

Now my headache is how to mount the door with screws onto both sides of the
stall opening. Can we drill into it? Is it strong enough to hold the door?
Please advise. Thanks!

Why not? That's the way my bathroom bath/shower doors were installed in
the fiberglass stall for about 20 years. I had silicone sealer behind
the plates and when I removed the doors and frames a couple of years
ago, I had a hard time pulling the tracks off the walls with the screws
out, and then had to scrape all the left over silicone off the stall
sides and tub.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY