Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rainfall intensity ?

Roger Chapman wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Roger Chapman wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

robgraham wrote:
We have a drainage problem locally which is causing a problem with the
septic tank in one particular property.- we're all on tanks.

what the **** has rainfall to do with septic tanks? You dont put
rain in them. Just **** and ****.

I took it to mean that the problem was keeping rain out of a septic
tank in flood conditions.

Why would it ever get in?

leaky cover. Down an air vent. It is certainly a possibility.

Both easy and trivial to fix..

The only time I have had probs is when the water table locally rose so
high the things wouldn't drain at all.

Then poor flow lead in one case to blocages, and, in te case of teh
whole tank being under water, to a period when I used it as little as
possible.

But that was the least of my problems. The water was up to the doorstep
that time for a day or so.