Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Mar 3, 11:38*am, wrote:
On Mar 3, 1:21*pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:

wrote:
I'm quite amazed at how people want to just attribute this to driver
stupidity. *In the famous Lexus case the driver was an experienced CA
highway patrol officer who had taken special driving training as part
of his job. *I'd be pretty amazed if he didn't try to put the car in
neutral.

Now who is making assumptions? *The high performance street driving I took as a
Paramedic did not include any training about run away acceleration. *-- Doug

No, and I never assumed it did. * But don't you think a CA highway
patrol officer that has received a variety of training, not only in
driving, but in how to handle difficult, stressful, combat situations,
would have the presence of mind to shift into neutral? * Yet he did
not during a ride that lasted minutes? * *Or that not one of the 3
other people in the car thought of it? * *Is it possible they didn't
try sure. * But doesn't this bother you at all, or are you certain to
join Harry in calling the dead cop stupid?

Have a problem with pointing out the truth. The FACT is that the
lexus can be shifted to neutrral under runaway conditions. It has
been proven TWICE and both were cited in this thread.

To explain it in simple terms for simple people:

The cause of the runaway was Toyota's fault. The deaths were due to
driver error.

Harry K