Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Mar 3, 1:45*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Mar 2, 11:37*pm, wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:07:41 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Mar 1, 7:38*pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:20:49 -0500, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
-snip-

bulll****. *There is just about no car and certainly no toyota that
can't be stopped by the brakes in normal working order even if the
engine is under full throttle. The engine isn't 1/20th as powerful as
the brakes.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/test...toyota-9917789
At about 1:21 Brian Ross says "Brakes don't work". * *At 2:50 he
expands on that a bit. * The brakes did not work.

Try it some time. *Floor your car with one foot. *Stomp on the brakes
with the other foot. *The car will stop. *If it is a manual tranny,
the engine will stall.
And yet all these folks with runaway cars say [the survivors] they
stood on the brakes to no avail.

People confuse the pedals all the time. *I doubt they had time to look
down and verify the pedals while they were panicing.

Happens several times every week in a country the size of the U.S.
Only difference now is the hysteria over it. *Just like 10 years ago
with the audis. *The runaway audi's were all people stoping on the
wrong pedal.

" The runaway audi's were all people stoping on the wrong pedal."

Just so I'm clear on this...

Are you saying that there is no problem with the Toyotas? It's all
user error?

It is when they go for several miles (or even a mile) and then hit
something. Even IF there is a malfunction, only driver error accounts
for that.- Hide quoted text -

I can't argue with that!- Hide quoted text -

Ah, but I have been called stupid for sayign the deaths were driver's
fault. Of course I wasn't careful enough to distinguish between teh
cause of the runaway (Toyota) and the cause of death (driver). Didn't
make it simple enough for them.

Harry K