Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

In article , wrote:
On Mar 3, 4:11=A0pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Here is the first post from Don and your reply:

Don:
=A0*Programming* a throttle override by the brake? =A0As in relying on=

lack
of electronic malfunction in order to have the brake reliably apply an
override onto the throttle?

Doug:
Since the override becomes necessary only in the event of a throttle
malfunction, for the override to not work would require a second
malfunction.
Clearly two simultaneous malfunctions are *far* less likely than any
single
malfunction.

In the context of the discussion here, it seems very reasonable that
Don's logical meaning was that if you program the brake safety overide
on the same computer that is controlling the throttle, then you're
potentially exposed to the same fault. =A0

Well, DUH! Obviously.

Well if you now agree that Don's meaning was that he was talking about
the same computer, then your reply was totally wrong, because it was
then up to you to say YOU were talking about 2 different computers.
So, your reply makes no sense.

But *I* never suggested that it would be part of the same computer. That's
*your* assumption.

Your getting yourself confused here. You just agreed above it was
obvious that Don was referring to one computer, ie the same one that
is running the throttle.

Not really. You're the one confused. But that's ok. I understand that happens
to you a lot.

Go play with your straw men, trader. I'm done.