Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

wrote in
What do you do if the hood flies up?
Tire blows out
run out of gas
slush from a passing car blinds the windshield
you hit black ice
a car cuts in front of you
the truck next to you drifts into your lane
and a few hundred other possibilities. These thing happen every day and
competent driver knows how to handle them to avoid a crash. Some days I
play the mental game of "what if" while driving. When the emergency
presents itself, I should be better equipped to handle it.

Okay, how many of the items above do YOU practice dealing with on a
regular basis.

And by practice, I mean, replicate the situation and drive out of it.

Do you own a skid pad?

I've practiced some, I'd had a couple happen to me, but just as important, I
practice them in my mind. Ever watch the top athletes run the downhill in
their minds? Or a race course? They know what to expect and are ready for
when it happens. While driving, just think about where you are and what you
can do if an emergency happens.

Oh, as for the black ice, I learned quickly when I was 17 and found myself
going backwards at 50 mph. Valuable lesson. I do have a rather large
parking lot at work to pay around too, so yes, I do have a skid pad of
sorts.