Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Can you make your own Wipe-on Poly by adding mineral spirits?

blueman wrote:
"HeyBub" writes:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

3:1 Spirits to Poly is my formula. It will take a lot of stirring to
get it well mixed and should be re-stirred on occasion as it will
start to settle.

Do you have a Harbor Freight Miracle Function tool? If so, try
sticking the running blade in the mixture of oil and thinner.

Since I tend to be a bit dense at times, I just want to verify that
you mean the Multi-function tool.
And have you tried this?

Yes, I do refer to the MultiFunction tool.

No, I haven't tried it with Poly stain and an approved thinner. I have tried
it with oil and water.

Go ahead and give it a go.

The worst that could happen is the container with the mixture is flung
against several wall, the floor and the ceiling, making a mess that's
impossible to clean and rendering the room uninhabitable to everything but
roaches and hedgehogs. Vermin, however, are sure to be eradicated from the
ensuing fire.