Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby James Waldby is offline

Default Any Homemade line boring equipment?

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 06:24:47 -0600, Pete Keillor wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:59:07 -0800, "Bill McKee"... wrote:
"RogerN" regor... wrote ...
Anyone make their own line boring bar/equipment? It doesn't look that
hard to make and could be handy on jobs that are too big for machine
tools. Just wondering if there are any good plans or project info on
these. The stuff looks pretty expensive to buy new for what it is.

Depends on the job. Years ago, on Hopto excavators, my dad would mount
an engine cylinder boring machine to the side of the boom to bore out
the pivot pin area, to install a replaceble pin in made.

I seem to recall a rig by Wayne Cook. Maybe he'll chime in.

Or maybe not ~ but anyway, in DropBox/_2002_retired_files, see:
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2002_retired_files/Lineboring00.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2002_retired_files/Lineboring01.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2002_retired_files/Lineboring02.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2002_retired_files/Lineboring03.jpg