Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default OT - The Supremes To Decide On A Gun Issue

wrote:
On Mar 3, 1:10 am, Hawke wrote:
On 3/2/2010 3:48 PM, Wes wrote:

wrote:
That's what it's all about, in fact, since, without them, what's to stop
the next Demoncrap to enter the Oval Office from suppressing ALL freedoms?
FDR came very, very close to doing just that through national censorship,
imprisonment of citizens of Asian descent, German descent, and/or Italian
descent while simultaneously striking deals with the Sicilian Mafia.
Didn't he outlaw the possession of gold also? Yup, looked it up. I've never understood
why some consider him to be some sort of hero. He was a tyrant. Oh yes, remember his
attempt to to pack the Supreme Court? I rest my case.

Hey Wes,

If FDR was such a tyrant why was it that the American people kept
electing him to be their president, why is he considered as one of the
five best presidents in history, and why was FDR loved by the vast
majority of Americans when he was in office, and why were they
devastated when he died? If you can find the answers to those questions
that should tell you why he was a true American hero. Of course, you
could just find any old person still alive who lived in FDR's era and
they could explain it to you. I wouldn't ask any right wingers for the
answers though if you want to know the truth. By the way, both my
parents lived in that era and are still living so I have it from the
horse's mouth, so to speak.

Hawke

Hitler was loved by the Germans until the war went badly for Germany.
I do not understand why he kept being elected and why the Germans
loved him so. If you have the answers to that, you might have the
answers to FDR reelection, etc.

A very good answer.
Works for Mussolini also.
Hirohito was pretty well-thought of by the Japs, although the electoral
process was a bit iffy