Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default OT Its getting bloody awful!

On Mar 3, 7:35*am, Winston wrote:
On 3/3/2010 4:45 AM, Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

Hey Good People,
theirs getting to be so much off topic crap here, its hard to find the
gem of metalwork.

(...)

Hear Hear!

Though I am on the 'one a day' plan, with 200 entries in my Bozo Bin.

BTW, I'm thinking of welding up some wheeled brackets that would
allow a contractor friend to easily move 100 lb. sheets of 1" plywood.

Envision a set of bicycle 'training wheels' on a U bracket so that
he could roll the sheets individually into position rather than having
to dead-lift several, twice a day. *I remember having seen something like
that in a catalog once upon a time, but not since.

Catalog page cites? Advice? Criticism? Political Insults?

--Winston

The big-box home improvement stores around here have carts for moving
sheet goods around for the customers to use, look like second-cousins
to the luggage carts at the larger hotels. Just a 4-wheeled flat with
bent tubing welded fore and aft creating slots for the sheet goods to
be wheeled around on edge. A couple of the castors are non-swiveling
and lockable for loading. The tubing is about 4' high on the center
one, the outside ones are more like 2'. Just square upside-down
"U"s. Castors are about 4-6" in dia. If a fellow really wanted to
get fancy, he could provide some holes in the plywood close to the
edges, then put some kind of light boom arrangement on the cart to
pick the sheets up to slide them on. Probably a light block and
tackle would be sufficient for the pick-up portion with hooks to go in
the holes in the sheets.

Stan