Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default corrugated asbestos garage roof, how to spread my weight?

In message
,
RobertL writes

I need to get up on the roof of my garage to remove the moss. I
don't have a feel for how much imposed weight I can put on a typical
asbestos garage roof before I crack the panels. The panels are
supported on wood beams about every 5 feet.

If I put up a couple of planks to spread my weight across two beams
would that be enough do you think?

I weigh 100kg clothed.

Lardy bugger

Put your planks on the screws / bolts that hold the sheets on, that way
you are loading the beams directly. Asbestos sheets crack very easily
when they get old

--
geoff