Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_6_] Oppie[_6_] is offline

Default PDF notes

"Joel Koltner" wrote in message
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
Crikey! A MB for 7 pages ?:-(

Yeah. Feel free to post-process it into something a little more
reasonable...

And fuzzy.

Still greyscale, I guess.

What pdf creator?

The free software that came with the scanner (Canon MX850).

I use a HP scanjet 4370. Scan document (not picture) in B/W to file
(PDF_searchable). Sometimes I have to set the threshold but mostly the
automatic setting gets it fine. I only use grayscale when the document is so
poor quality that stuff gets left out. The resident PDF creator works pretty
well. Sometimes I re-distill with CutePDF to get a smaller filesize.

On the topic of PDF, I was trying to save a page from a secured PDF file
today. Looking at the PDF properties, page extraction was not allowed. Found
a decent free tool for unlocking PDFs. After running this, I could export
individual pages as I originally wanted.
http://www.brothersoft.com/free-pdf-...er-206381.html
Drag and drop the file onto the icons and it will either make a unsecured
pdf or convert to PNGs.

Glad you enjoyed it. :-)

---Joel