Juergen Hannappel

Default WWII touching Biesemeyer Splitter !!!!!!!!

(lwwise) writes:

[...]

So I ordered such part, installed it in my PM66 and have been cutting
3/4 cherry and walnut ever since. Then comes the problem. I needed
to make some legs from 8/4 stock, so I cranked the saw blade up and
discovered to my horror that the WWII was contacting the painted
portion of the Bies Splitter. Knowing that it is not too unusual for

shouldn't the splitter move up together with tha blade? Id does so on
my (Metabo) saw, thus giving no problem at all in whatever height the
blade is set: th splitter is always optimal, only if i would try to
make a (anyway dangarous und unadvised) plunge cut i would have to
remove it.
--
Dr. Juergen Hannappel
http://lisa2.physik.uni-bonn.de/~hannappe