Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
George Herold George Herold is offline

Default Resistor for neon indicator lamp - neon negative resistance.pdf(0/1)

On Mar 3, 5:47*am, John Fields wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:05:50 -0800 (PST), George Herold

wrote:
On Mar 2, 6:53 pm, John Fields wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:34:55 -0800 (PST), George Herold

wrote:
Thanks John, I must admit it's hard to understand how a 3 watt 100k
ohm resistor across the 240 V lines would blow even if everything down
stream of it was shorted. (As your calculation shows.) A new circuit
board is in the mail, but this won't solve the mystery. The board has
been redesigned and is no longer analog but digital. Once I put the
new board in I'll look at the busted one and see if I can figure
anything out.

Say could you resend that link to the neon bulb I-V curve? What ever
you posted got turned into gobble-de-gook by google.

---
Ah, Google...

Google groups doesn't support binaries so I'll email it to you.

JF

Wow. *Thanks John

---
You're welcome. :-)

If you're interested in neon glow lamps, GE's 1965 glow lamp manual
(pretty much the Bible) is he

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/library.html

JF- Hide quoted text -

Excellent, lots of reading there!