Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Any Homemade line boring equipment?

In article ,
"RogerN" wrote:

Anyone make their own line boring bar/equipment? It doesn't look that hard
to make and could be handy on jobs that are too big for machine tools. Just
wondering if there are any good plans or project info on these. The stuff
looks pretty expensive to buy new for what it is.

RogerN

Haven't got there yet, but I'm with you. I need one and they seem to be
priced too high for what they are. At some point when I asked about it
getting an old bridgeport head (from folks rebuilding and upgrading the
head) was suggested as a power-unit & feed option. I've also seen
mention of getting one from army surplus, but have never seen such
myself.