Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default corrugated asbestos garage roof, how to spread my weight?

On Mar 3, 4:24*pm, RobertL wrote:
On Mar 3, 4:19*pm, Andy Dingley wrote:

On 3 Mar, 16:09, RobertL wrote:

I need to get up on the roof of my garage to remove the moss. *

Get a platform (three-way convert-a-ladder - great things and well
worth Aldi's 60 quid) and stand alongside with a long rake.

No way will I use crawling boards on a small-corrugation asbestos
roof. The stuff is brittle as anything, and even if you don't go
through it, there's a risk of cracking it and resultant leaks.

Thanks, it was cracking I was worried about. * I hadn't even though
about falling through!

The corrugations are about 6" apart and about 2" deep.

Robert

Cant you just use a long stick to get the moss off?
Copper wire run along the ridge may stop it regrowing.

NT