Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

"mm" wrote
What do you claim was in the manual that he didn't know? If there
were something really novel, the dealership should have explained it.
If it wasn't really novel, then he would have been able to turn off
the car.

The car did not start/stop with a key. It has a button and a sensor that
knows you have the fob on you. Yes, the dealer should have explained how to
shut the car off. From what I've read, you have to hold the button for a
couple of seconds. I can see a panicked driver slapping the button
repeatedly instead of holding it for a few seconds. Just like turning off a
cell phone, you have to hold the button.