Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

"Doug Miller" wrote

Not true. The parking brake uses exactly the same pads that the service
brake
uses, except (as noted) on only two wheels instead of all four.

Not true, My Sonata has rear disc brakes, but the parking brake has shoes
inside of a drum. I've tried stopping the car with it and doubt it would
have a lot of effect at full throttle.

OTOH, it does have a throttle over ride if you stop on the brakes. Engine
goes to idle no matter the pedal position.