Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

wrote
Panic and untrained/unskilled drivers certainly have a large component
to play in end results methinks as well even though the initiating event
is hardware/software related it appears...

What is mind boggling is that you want to blame the victims for not
being able to overcome something THAT SHOULD NEVER, EVER, HAPPEN.

The victims are 0% to blame.

You do have a responsibility to your self and others to be properly trained
in the use of any machinery, be it a table saw, pistol, punch press or
automobile. Just as pilots train over and over how to handle a crippled
aircraft, drivers should know emergency procedures.

What do you do if the hood flies up?
Tire blows out
run out of gas
slush from a passing car blinds the windshield
you hit black ice
a car cuts in front of you
the truck next to you drifts into your lane
and a few hundred other possibilities. These thing happen every day and a
competent driver knows how to handle them to avoid a crash. Some days I
play the mental game of "what if" while driving. When the emergency
presents itself, I should be better equipped to handle it.

The victim is 0% to blame for the fault, but has a lot of blame for the lack
of ability to handle the situation safely. In most cases, I'd say 100%.