Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leach field replacement

On Mar 2, 12:14*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I need to get a leach field replaced. *The old one was put over caliche, and
not dug very deep. *It was made with minimal amounts of gravel, no more than
12" around the pipes. *When checked with a laser, it was not level by a long
shot.

The new field will require caliche removal but not a lot, and I anticipate
four days labor based on my construction experience. *The contractor will
supply pipes, covering, and gravel. *How much would a leach field for a
three bedroom three bath house cost in your area. *Just a guess would be
fine. *Actual prices if you have had it done.

Tire kickers, ankle biters, and those who have no direct experience or
knowledge are kindly asked to sit this one out.

Steve

Whee are you located? Here in the Chicago suburbs would be a lot
different from the middle of a Kansas farmfield.