Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - The Supremes To Decide On A Gun Issue

On Mar 2, 4:02*pm, Eregon wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote :

On Mar 2, 10:57*am, RBnDFW wrote:
Joe wrote:
Today, the Court is supposed to take up the issue of whether or not
local governments have the right to restrict gun ownership.

It will be an interesting test of the mettle of old-time
Conservatives, who are fond of arguing in favor of "States' Rights"
over the power of the Federal government. I predict that they will
conveniently forget the states' rights issue for the duration of
this decision.

While I agree with them on the core issue of the inalienability of
citizens' rights to posses firearms, I can't help but think that
states' rights has always been a smoke screen for discriminatory
and/or repressive behavior.

Since the Court is tilted in favor of Conservatives, I suppose that
the decision will favor gun rights, but I remain suspicious about
the real agenda of any politicians; despite all their populist
talk, they don't want too much power vested in the hands of the
citizenry. Here's hoping that the decision will be made in favor of
freedom.

I think you are missing the point.
The issue is that the rights are given by the Creator, and the
government is constrained from limiting those rights.
The individual states should also be required to recognize the same
right

s.
* * No state should be allowed to restrict basic rights of humans.- H

ide quoted text -

No it is not.

There is no 11th Commandment saying "Thou shalt have guns".

TMT

That's because firearms hadn't been invented yet, you flaming Mariposa.

There is one, however, that prohibits the taking of private property:

"Thou shall not steal." - the one most often broken by Demoncraps,
Liberals, and other criminals.- Hide quoted text -

What world do you live in?

Firearms were in use during the period.

You must be homeschooled...did you have your own pet dinosaur?

TMT