Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pawn Shop Bargains ...

Steve B wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Robert Swinney wrote:

That's gotta be a bargain. I paid more than that for 1 battery for my
old Craftsman. A cheap,
errrrr "conservative" friend brough me the drill and 2 batteries and
charger to see if I could
repair it - with proviso he didn't want to spend any money on it. I
said, "nope, can't be done"
and traded him out of it for a set of pin gages. The pin gages hadn't
cost me anything, so figured
I might be ahead in the deal. It is an industrial quality drill set. I
had to replace the
batteries and charger for around 100 bux.

That's the same price I bought mine for about three months ago. At
that time a spare battery was a dollar less than the drill on sale, so I
bought two drills so I would have a spare charger, too. I find it very
handy to have both drills charged & ready with different bits. It saves
me some time, and a lot of pain on most jobs.

I have four Makita electric hand grinders for just such a reason. Disk,
brush, sander and paddle sander. A RPITA to have to change heads
frequently.

The biggest bulk purchase of tools was 100 #2 Phillips screwdrivers
for 25 cents each. I bought them to braze Torx and other security bits
to, after they wore out. I've had them for 15 years and still haven't
worn out the first one. There are about five in the shop for daily use
and I've given about 40 away whenever someone wanted to borrow one. The
rest are in a box on a shelf.

I also have a bad habit of buying used books I bought 335 in the
last couple weeks, for 11 cents each. they were $36.85 + 6% sales tax,
for a total of $39.06. Mostly old Sc-Fi, but there are a few computer
books and what appears to be a new copy of volume one of "The Bull Of
The Woods" reprint from Algrove publishing.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.