Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 19:09:55 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , wrote:
On Mar 2, 9:50=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Not true. The parking brake uses exactly the same pads that the service brake
uses, except (as noted) on only two wheels instead of all four.

Maybe on YOUR car, but not on my Mercedes.

You make the mistake of generalizing on the basis of a too-small sample -- in
this case, a sample of one.

The parking brake pads are
completely seperate. I'm not sure what various other manufacturers
do. I'm sure others as you say do use the same pads.

Most cars with rear disk brakes use a small drum brake for the parking
brake.