Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

In article , wrote:
On Mar 2, 9:50=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Not true. The parking brake uses exactly the same pads that the service brake
uses, except (as noted) on only two wheels instead of all four.

Maybe on YOUR car, but not on my Mercedes.

You make the mistake of generalizing on the basis of a too-small sample -- in
this case, a sample of one.

The parking brake pads are
completely seperate. I'm not sure what various other manufacturers
do. I'm sure others as you say do use the same pads.

Trust Mercedes to do something bizarre. Your car is the exception, I assure
you. *Every* vehicle I have ever owned used a cable to activate the same pair
of rear shoes or pads that were activated hydraulically by the service brake.
That list of vehicles includes three Dodges, a Plymouth, a Ford van, a
Fiat, a Chevy truck, a Dodge truck, two Mazdas, an Oldsmobile, two Buicks, two
Suburbans, two Saturns, and a Pontiac. _Every_single_one_ used exactly the
same pads or shoes for the parking brake as for the service brake.