Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Mar 2, 5:13*am, wrote:
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:07:57 -0500, wrote:
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:53:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Mar 1, 3:40 pm, wrote:
On Mar 1, 1:39 pm, Tony wrote:

I thought I heard someone being interviewed and she said she couldn't
shift out of gear, but I could be wrong.-

She was too paniced to shift out of gear. She doesn't even belong
behind the wheel of a car.

What gets me are the people that plow into stuff at 90MPH, NINETY
MILES PER HOUR, after experiencing the uncontrolled acceleration
problem.

How the hell fast were they going in the first place that they didn't
have time to calm down and react to the situaiton before the car got
to 90MPH? Even from 70MPH, it takes several seconds to hit 90, plenty
of time for even the most bubble-headed driver to recover from the
initial shock and shift into neutral, or turn off the key. Romping on
the brakes until they get hot would buy you several more seconds to
figure out what to do.

I don't know, but in the case of the Lexus that killed 4 people in CA,
the car was going out of control long enough for a passenger to call
911 and be on the call long enough to tell what was happening. *The
driver was a CA Highway Patrol officer, who you would think would have
enough sense and understanding of what to do so with that amount of
time you would think he would have tried all the obvious things.

CHIPPY or rocket scientist doesn't make any difference . He wasn't
smart enough to stop the car - doesn't say much for his intelligence.
He obviously did NOT do the obvious things - like put it out of gear
or shut it down.
Getting into a car and not knowing how to operate the controls is just
plain stupid - particularly for a "professional" driver like a COP.

So the defect in these cars is the fault of the stupid drivers?- Hide quoted text -

No, the deaths and accidents are the fault of stupid drivers. Anyone
who doesn't know enough to at least put it in nuetral or turn off the
ignition does not belong behind the wheel. Too bad that that
encompasses at least half of the drivers out there.

Harry K