Posted to rec.woodworking
Evodawg Evodawg is offline

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

Steve Turner wrote:

On 03/01/2010 10:18 PM, Joe Bleau wrote:
The HF tool is simply a copy of the Fein multimaster which IMHO should
be designated the tool of the Century. I'm now on my second Fein and
even after 15 years or so I never cease to discover new uses for this
incredible tool. However, I have always been offended by the
outrageous and unjustifiable prices of blades and other accessories.
That is changing. Apparently their patent ran out which accounts for
the newly appearing copies, i.e., Dremel, P-C, HF. The blades, etc.
produced by the imitators, other than perhaps the scraper, can not
hold a candle to the Fein accessories. The good news is that there
are sites on the web which are now selling Fein-quality accessories
for 70 to 80% less than the Fein originals. As for the older Fein's
slipping. Yes, they did but I rather believe the design change was a
step they took to discourage knockoffs as their patent was expiring.
I'm looking forward to increased competition in the accessories since
basically all the accessories are interchangeable with the
Fein--though not necessarily vice versa. As much as I love this tool I
was always galled at having to by $50.00+ for a stamped blade that
probably cost no more than a dollar to produce.

Anybody have a HF link to this incredible tool youse guys keep going on
about?

You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !
Mandriva 2010 using KDE 4.3