Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Verdon Pete Verdon is offline

Default Sealing corrugated pipe onto a round nipple

wrote:

hmm, ignore this ... as it looks like the hose is really spiralled and
not ridged.

That's right.

To be honest I would think that the hose is the wrong internal
diameter as it should be that this hose can be expanded by twisting
against the spiral and should then already be a tight fit on the pump.

Well, it does need to be twisted open to get it onto the nipple, so it's
a fairly tight fit, but not tight enough in the valleys to seal. I took
a piece of the same hose off a bronze nipple (the problem one is
plastic) and could see a thin spiral mark of discolouration where the
water had been seeping through.

Pete