Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Answers on a postcard ...

"A.Lee" wrote in message
.. .
Douglas de Lacey wrote:

Following a cloakroom re-fit, I've tried to give away on local
newsgroups 180 blue 6" tiles. No takers. So: what does a d-i-y-er do
with 180 tiles?

Thats because there are not enough of them to do anything useful with.
I've got at least 15 sq. M of tiles here from various jobs I have done
in the past, thinking that they may come in useful at some time.
They wont, so they have gradually been going to the tip over the last
couple of weeks.
Dump them, they are no use, unless someone wants 4 sq. metres in blue,
which seems to me to be a very small market.

Alan.

I forget the exact literary reference, but it reminds me of the (fictional)
character who had a jar labelled

"Pieces of string too short to be of any possible use".

I have many such jars and boxes in my workshop, seldom so honestly labelled