Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to treat your HVAC tech

Steve B wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Copied it off alternating havoc. I added the bit about adding freon,
point 16a. That's from my own experience with a customer from Hell.

The guy had a couple systems which were obvious to me loaded with air. He
wanted "five pounds freon in this one, and eight in the other one". I
showed him that the receiver would only hold 1.7 pounds, so eight pounds
is way out of line. He didn't believe me. Told him that the system needed
to be evacuated, and get the air out. He also didn't believe me. I hope
he's found another technician who will do exactly what he says. I sure
won't.

Don't you just love coming out to work on anything
after some Neanderthal has gotten hold of it?

TDD

In the welding trade, I made a boatload of money from it. However, there
were jobs where the client did not want to pay my hourly rate, or the thing
was so screwed up it had to be redone. And on those jobs where I bid it,
and they took low bid or had their brother-in-law do it, and now had to get
a pro to fix it, I charged them full rates. A lot of it had to do with the
attitude of the client. I'd help some people out, and then I'd give some
people better pricing, but for some, I enjoyed either walking away, or
telling them to get the original worker over there to fix their own mess.

Steve

That's something a lot of folks don't understand. The reason I work
for myself is because I don'[t have to put up with assholes. I fire
at least 2 customers a year. The amount of the bill or the size of
the discount is directly proportional to the attitude of the customer!
Nasty people can't understand why I'm suddenly not available anymore.
Want to see my vanishing act, say the magic words "I ain't gonna pay"
in any context.

TDD