Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides Wind Protection?

"AZ Nomad" wrote
that quote doesn't imply the brakes will stop the car without being in
neutral. the brakes won't stop the car if, in fact, it is in gear and
accelerating (or at least once the breaks start slipping due to
overheating), it won't.

Yes it will, but probably no more than two times. The engine is no
match for the brakes.

That has been my understanding in the past, but I'm not so sure about some
of the newer cars from all that I've read. I'll have to try it on my
wife's car since it won't work on mine. When I push both the gas and brake
at the same time, the engine goes to idle no matter the speed. When stopped,
it it like being in neutral if I hold the brake down.