Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Crown Moulding

hr(bob) wrote:
On Mar 1, 5:58 am, Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:35:18 -0800, Kate wrote:
I picked up some crown moulding this weekend.
Unfortunately, I could not get a piece for one round corner. All of my
other corners are square. Can I just square the round corner off, and
apply putty/paint in that empty space? Will it look OK?
Many thanks.
Kate

There is molding made from flexible material that will wrap on curves.
Or you can turn a custom piece on your lathe.

If the space to be filled is not too large, less than 1 inch or so, I
would us some sort of filler that is non-shrinkable. If it is
larger, then maybe some of the "foam in a can", removing the excess
and finishing off the surface with "mud".

Thanks for this bit of info. The space will be quite small.