Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Appropriate screws for the *sides* of plywood (?)

On Mar 1, 9:25*pm, "Thomas G. Marshall" wrote:
I was wondering this.

It's never ideal of course, but sooner or later for small projects I
end up needing to end-screw (side screw?) into a plywood sheet. *Is
there a "teethier" than normal woodscrew for the job?

A woodworker for small projects that I saw was using drywall screws
which just don't ever work well in any wood IME, but beats me about
plywood.

Particle board screws, aka low-root, work well if you drill a pilot
hole. A drill bit slightly larger than the root of the screw works
best. If you drill too small a pilot hole, the threads will try to
push the plies apart, weakening their hold.