Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default Pawn Shop Bargains ...

That's gotta be a bargain. I paid more than that for 1 battery for my old Craftsman. A cheap,
errrrr "conservative" friend brough me the drill and 2 batteries and charger to see if I could
repair it - with proviso he didn't want to spend any money on it. I said, "nope, can't be done"
and traded him out of it for a set of pin gages. The pin gages hadn't cost me anything, so figured
I might be ahead in the deal. It is an industrial quality drill set. I had to replace the
batteries and charger for around 100 bux.

Bob Swinney
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Snag wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

Not here, Don.
Prices are .9 Retail, at least.

That is the asking price. What is the selling price?

Wes

Heh , I got a glance of the tag when Greg pulled it off the nail gun I
just bought . They were askin' 40 bucks , he offered it to me for 20 .
Easily half of my power tools were purchased at this pawn shop , and they
know it . They also know it's my first stop when I need something .
I think I'm going to go with the HF battery drill , just not confident of
used batteries . There's no way that I know of to test those battery packs ,
at least with new I can get a warranty replacement if it's dead from the
gitgo . Replacement batteries for the name brand tools can easily cost more
than the tool ...

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=93440
went on sale today for $16.99, if you get their email specials. If you
don't, I can forward the email to you so you can print the coupon and
save $13.

This drill has a smart charger with a LED to tell you when its's
charging.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.