Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Toyota acceleration Was Snow Cover On Roof Provides WindProtection?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:15:57 -0500, wrote:
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:00:44 -0600, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:39:39 -0500, Tony wrote:
mm wrote:

My friend had a Rav 4. I don't know what that is. Today my friend
says it has unintended acceleration, but only a little. !!!!

If I owned one of those Toyota vehicles affected, I would install an
auxiliary engine kill switch before I drove it again.

I would simply assure myself that I could tell the difference between
the brake and accelerator pedals. This is the same ****ing hysteria
that struct audi ten years ago. The reports vanished when audi
installed an interlock so that the driver had to have his boot on the
brake pedal before putting the car in gear.

Not even remotely the same thing.

And you were there in each and every case? People occasionally stomp
on the wrong pedal. It happens every week all the time. The only
thing different now is the media hysteria.