Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to treat your HVAC tech

I've had a call or two like that. I'm remembering
the furnace that tripped the breaker. The lady
reset the breaker. Repeatedlly, until it stayed
on.

Original problem: shorted out fan blower motor.
New problem: Having power surged the furnace
repeatedly. Finally, a relay on the circuit board
vaporized.

Blower was $50 or so, and the board was $200 or
so. Been several years ago, so I'm sure my memory
of prices is way off.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message

I often worked on equipment after the owner, or
his friend the
electrical engineer tried to fix it. When it came
time for the bill I
would go over how many things and how long it took
to fix the damage
they did, lets say $300 worth, and then the
original problem cost about
$75 to fix, the minimum charge.