Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Adjusting convergence on Sony Trinitron monitor

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:25:26 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Well, I tried cleaning the dust out of my Dell-branded Trinitron tube.
In so doing I seem to have knocked the convergence out of whack, even
though I was really careful vacuuming around the CRT.

There's an on-screen convergence control, but even with it cranked all
the way over (to 100/100 for the horizontal control, 76 for the
vertical), there are still highly visible "ghosts" on screen.

Are there any other convergence controls I could adjust to get it
closer, like pots on one of the boards? Or how about trying to tweak the
deflection coils a tiny bit?

This monitor is on its last legs, so I'm not going to be investing a lot
(in terms of time, and $0 in money) in it. I'd just like to know if I
can get a few more weeks or months of use out of it.

Pity, really: when it worked well, this was an outstanding monitor.

See if it has an hstat control. If it does adjust it for good
convergence. Chuck