Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default Pawn Shop Bargains ...

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...

That stuff in the pawn shop is also offered at near retail - with little
or no guarantees...

I have bought my share of tools at pawn shops. True enough, asking price is
usually near retail, but don't be afraid to offer a whole lot less. I bought
a 18 ga brad nailer for $20 that was missing a couple screws, stopped at the
hardware store and bought the screws and it works great. I have two Porter
Cable routers, both like new, but paid about 1/2 of retail for them. The one
router I went into the pawn shop 4 weeks in a row, (the place was on the way
home), set the router on the desk and made my offer. Forth trip he finally
gave in!
Greg O