Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
hamilton[_2_] hamilton[_2_] is offline

Default Telemarketing.

ian field wrote:
"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:44:51 -0000, the renowned "ian field"
wrote:

"hamilton" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
"hamilton" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
A PIC 16F627 that does nothing more than decode and store the last 5
CIDs and allow me to scroll through them on a 44780 style LCD would
enable me to report the nuisance telemarketer to the telephone
preference service.
If all you want is to record CID numbers, an off the shelf CID could
be
had very cheap.

Also, sometime ago here in the US, someone sued a telemarketer and
used
their CID box to prove that there were an excessive number of calls.

A CID box that can not to be tampered with was admitted as evidence.

Where can I get one & how much?
If I remember correctly, you are in the UK.

Google has over 2M hits for "caller ID box".

On the first page, the hits are all in the US.

"caller ID nox UK" has 260K hits.

This is the first one:
http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/boxes.htm

Good Luck

hamilton
With a bit more searching, I found a page with the 16F628A CLID box
including firmware files:

http://www.picbasic.nl/frameload_uk....rmelder_uk.htm

The listings are given as pages - not *.HEX & *.BAS files, I've done
select
all copy/paste into freshly created *.TXT files - is it sufficient to
rename
the extensions appropriately?

That just leaves me with the problem of where I can get an 8870 DTMF
receiver (or equivalent).

Futurlec lists it for cheap.

How much is minimum order and shipping from US to UK?

I must have missed something.

The 8870 is a DTMF only device, don't you want CID ??

Is CID that much different in the UK the the US ??

Here is a data sheet of the 8870:
http://www.futurlec.com/Datasheet/Zarlink/MT8870DE.pdf

According to this site:
http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm

"British Telecom developed their own standard, which wakes up the
display with a line reversal, then sends the data as CCITT V23 modem
tones in a format similar to MDMF. "

Is this standard DTMF ??

hamilton