Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Stepper motor question

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:54:48 -0700, "thermo102"
wrote:

Since my last post, I downloaded mouser's catalogue. Took my time to find
the page with the ohmite resistors and printed it. Then I found an on-line
calculator for resisters in parallel. Trial and error gave me the
following:

A 24 ohm and a 75 ohm in parallel will give me 18.18 effective ohms. That's
close enough for me. I was hoping for a simple change out, but this will
work. I plan on sandwiching the two resistors back to back on a homemade
heatsink and letting the leads of each one share the spot where the single
resistor was previously. (Which is making them parallel, right?)

---
Right.
---

To answer your question, I don't have a schematic, and the stepper(s) are
being driven via a PC parallel port.

I'll order the resistors tomorrow and see what happens. Wish me luck!

---
Good luck! :-)

JF