Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] is offline

Default building jeep frame

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:54:39 -0800 (PST), mark
wrote:

*Snip*

Roy, as for the bends, I am going to eliminate the arches for the leaf
springs, I have a 4" suspension lift so straight frame rails will be
fine although I will have to bring them in narrower at the front.

*Snip*

Eliminating the arches is gonna hurt come articulation time

Plus it's going to complicate the body mounting, the front & rear
kick-ups arn't there just for the arches.

As for an aluminuim chassis in general-

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums...an-o-worms.gif

Live in an occaiasionally damp area? Aluminum+steel+damp= galvanic
corosion = a bitch.

Build your own if you want, lots of people have done it successfully
but you'll be a lot happier with the results if you go galvanized
steel.

Hit up the Early CJ5 "intermediate " (yes, I know lates aren't
intermediates & certainly arn't "earlies" & CJ7's arn't 5's but
they're a fairly tolerent bunch) forums-

http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

& do a search on frames, lots of good info from people who have been
where you're going.

H..