Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Pawn Shop Bargains ...

Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:44:43 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:29:24 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Snag sez:

"I think we may see a change in that , Robert . At least around here , there
seem to be more people pawning stuff , and fewer buyers . Ten bucks profit
each on twenty transactions beats 40 bucks each on no transactions ..."

You are probably right. My reply was based on experience over 5 years old during the height of the
ebay craze. I had not factored in today's lousy economy.

Bob Swinney
You can inspect the goods at a pawn shop, and when you lay your money
down you get the goods rather than a promise to ship from a faceless,
sometimes anonymous, distant stranger.

Helluvit is, the stuff in the pawn shop is sometimes there because of
some working guy's tough luck: job loss or divorce, need to sell tools
for cash to get by. They continue to hope for change while we who
still have some jingle in our jeans scarf up their tools for a song.

I'm not gloating. I'd like to see Americans who care to work be back
at work.

That stuff in the pawn shop is also offered at near retail - with little
or no guarantees...

In this area pawn shop prices are well below retail.

Not here, Don.
Prices are .9 Retail, at least.

--

Richard Lamb