Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Telemarketing.

"hamilton" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
"hamilton" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
A PIC 16F627 that does nothing more than decode and store the last 5
CIDs and allow me to scroll through them on a 44780 style LCD would
enable me to report the nuisance telemarketer to the telephone
preference service.
If all you want is to record CID numbers, an off the shelf CID could be
had very cheap.

Also, sometime ago here in the US, someone sued a telemarketer and used
their CID box to prove that there were an excessive number of calls.

A CID box that can not to be tampered with was admitted as evidence.

Where can I get one & how much?

If I remember correctly, you are in the UK.

Google has over 2M hits for "caller ID box".

On the first page, the hits are all in the US.

"caller ID nox UK" has 260K hits.

This is the first one:
http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/boxes.htm

Good Luck

hamilton

With a bit more searching, I found a page with the 16F628A CLID box
including firmware files:

http://www.picbasic.nl/frameload_uk....rmelder_uk.htm

The listings are given as pages - not *.HEX & *.BAS files, I've done select
all copy/paste into freshly created *.TXT files - is it sufficient to rename
the extensions appropriately?

That just leaves me with the problem of where I can get an 8870 DTMF
receiver (or equivalent).