Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default RTV RED Sealant for Oven

On Feb 28, 4:33*am, George wrote:
On 2/27/2010 1:39 PM, tim birr wrote:

On Feb 27, 10:27 am, tim *wrote:
Mother-in-law's built-in oven -- 1970's Maytag -- has a loose top
gasket around the oven door.

I was thinking Permatex's Hi-Temp Red Silcone Sealant would work to
resecure. *Since I've only used this on auto engines, thought I would
ask for any second opinions here.

Hey, all. OP again. I found the Technical Data Sheet for the stuff.
One of the recommended uses on the TDS is oven doors, so I guess I am
good to go. *Sorry. My Adobe Reader 9.XXX was screwing up as usual, so
I couldn't open the TDS earlier today. I finally uninstalled that
piece of bloatware and installed Adobe Reader 7.1.4, which is working
great...

Its a home repair group but the older adobe readers have many security
vulnerabilities. Best to use a recent version of something else.

OK, I am trying Foxit in place of Adobe Reader. Thanks for the
warnings, everyone. I was reluctant, since I use Cute PDF writer and
ghostscript, but apparently these work with Foxit, also. Time will
tell.