Posted to alt.home.repair
auggie auggie is offline

Default Shower diverter problem -- Answers anyone??

On Feb 27, 11:30*am, tim birr wrote:
I have a Moen shower set-up, which works fine, except lately the
diverter (I think that is the name of the part) seems to bind a bit
when I push it in to divert water from the tub spout to the shower
head.

Probably doesn't make any difference, but it closely resembles the
picture of this set-up that I found on the Amazon.com Web site:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...nL._SS500_.jpg

So, the part I am talking about is the little -- probably quarter-inch
in diameter "push-pull" chrome rod that you can see below the large On-
Off round plastic handle in the picture.

What I was thinking was to spray a bit of Silcone lubricant or maybe
even some PB Blaster penetrating oil. *Is this a good idea, bad idea?

Anyone with any better ideas, other than replacing the valve. :o ?
Tim

if you do lube it with something don't use pb, it has a bad habit of
eating rubber parts, had that stuff break down ruber gromets before