Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_4_] Steve B[_4_] is offline

Default Pawn Shop Bargains ...

"Wes" wrote in message
"Robert Swinney" wrote:

You're lucky Snag. It's become pretty hard to score a bargain in a pawn
shop anymore; esp. since
the pawnbrokers discovered ebay.

I believe even Goodwill has found the internet.

Wes

Almost every "thrift" shop I have been in recently, even religious charities
are very aware of ebay. And those items that they receive, they cull for
the "home runs" for ebay sale. Those people got smart, and when you have
valuables donated, you don't put them out for a quarter. Any more, I should
say. I am not amazed at the level of knowledge and sophistication of the
managers of these thrift outlets. Lots of good deals to be had, just
nothing that's worth a lot for a cheap price any more.

Steve