Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shower diverter problem -- Answers anyone??

On Feb 27, 2:36*pm, tim birr wrote:
On Feb 27, 11:27*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

Can you force some vinegar into the area in question, it should help
dissolve any crud build-up.

Didn't think about mineral build-up -- I've been using something
called Mineral Magic around the house lately....it works very
slowly....like it takes months of using on a weekly basis...but it
does eventually -- SIGH -- seem to do the job.

Supposedly, it is "environmentally friendly" and while it does not
bother my skin in the least, it burns the hell out of my Danish "milk
maid" wife's hands. *So, I could try that. I live on a farm and have
some ultra-fine 25-gauge syringes around that might just be able to
get some of this gunk into the space.

This mineral stuff says it is: organic urea salt, mild surfactants --
it wouldn't screw up anything in there, would it....I know there are
probably much faster and better products, but wife is really on an
environmental kick lately.

The Web site for Mineral Magic: *http://www.oxyboost.com/products/mineral_magic.html

Or maybe try vinegar first and then the MM....AAARRGH

1 - Grab the Mineral Magic.
2 - Grab one of wife's Milk Maid hands.
3 - Walk them both over to the garbage can.
4 - Say "Honey, because this stuff hurts your hands, we're not going
to use it any more.
5 - Toss it (the MM) in the garbage.
6 - Say "We're going to use vinegar from now on. It's cheaper, it's
works much faster than MM and it won't hurt your delicate hands. I
love you."

Seriously - it takes *months* for that stuff to work? There ain't no
magic in that!