Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF Clamps on Sale

On Feb 27, 1:47 pm, Swingman wrote:

Sure glad my computer or the Internet doesn't run on Chinese rubber ...
damn that stuff stinks!

Bought hard rubber wheels at HF to replace the pneumatic ones on one of
those Chinese, Sam's special hand carts ... you know, the ones that hold
air for only five minutes ... and had to air out the shop for three years!

I got a huge laugh out of that one. About 7-8 years ago I bought a
"rubber" hose for my paint gun since my vinyl hoses were too stiff to
use in the winter.

This was HF brand, not Goodyear.

Those damn hoses stunk so much you could smell them in the open air in
the bed of the truck!

Worse, (I honestly think they may have been uncured) they stretched
like a rubber band, and were so soft they caught on everything.

Worse than that, they were so soft they left black marks on the floor
inside a house when you stepped on them! I always step on the
hoses... I have a size 13 shoe...

I hadn't thought of that POS in years! in less than a year that hose
had disintegrated to the point of unusable.

BUT.... it was less than 1/3 of the price of the Goodyear!

Actually, a bad deal at any price.

The best of products, from horseshoes to houses, all have one thing in
common, and it's not country of origin:

_SUPERVISION_

Amen, brother.

With that in mind, you should make your company motto (now
seriously... think of this on your business card ;^) ) "it don't
mean a thing if it ain't got that Swing!"

(Leave the doowops off...)

*chuckle*

Robert